8 CONDITIONS TO KEEP FILLING THE CAN MASDEU VALLEY WITH LIFE
- 1– Maintain the community self management of all current projects in the valley and the house of Can Masdeu
- 2– The Hospital de Sant Llàtzer, having been abandoned for half a century, should be converted into a space for public use for the neighbourhoods of Horta and Nou Barris … (and if not, to it should be re-forested).
- 3– In Sant Llàtzer, at Font Baliarda, in any area of the valley … neither privatization nor opacity.
- 4- The Cami de Sant Llàtzer should not be tarmaced.
- 5– That a mediterranean orchard be grown in the area of Font Baliarda, next to CE Canyelles.
- 6– The large water bassin at the end of the valley should be revitalised for for agriculture, wildlife and leisure.
- 7– The Hospital de Sant Pau should withdraw their civil lawsuit.
- 8– To defend the valley of Can Masdeu is to defend collserola:
- Containment of overuse.
- Implementation of the PEPNat.
- Protection of the associated bunds that have been left out (criterion we do not share).
- Definitive derogation of the road projects outlined in the infrastructure plan for Catalonia 2006-2026. No to the Vial de Cornisa and the Horta Tunnel.
- Preserve the streams and their surroundings.
“Don’t try to rasie the city up to the mountain, but bring the mountain down to the city … the land is for those that live on it!”