8 CONDITIONS TO KEEP FILLING THE CAN MASDEU VALLEY WITH LIFE
- 1– Maintain the community self management of all current projects in the valley and the house of Can Masdeu
- 2– The Hospital de Sant Llàtzer, having been abandoned for half a century, should be converted into a space for public use for the neighbourhoods of Horta and Nou Barris … (and if not, to it should be re-forested).
- 3-Neither privatization nor opacity, a truly participatory process is needed in defining and deciding any new transformation in the valley.
- 4- The Cami de Sant Llàtzer should not be tarmaced.
- 5– The large water bassin at the end of the valley should be revitalised for for agriculture, wildlife and leisure.
- 6– The Hospital de Sant Pau should withdraw their civil lawsuit.
- 7– The classification of several several areas of the valley should be changed from area of’equipment’ (7a) to agriculture and forestry.
- 8– To defend the valley of Can Masdeu is to defend collserola
- Urgent approval of the special plan on uses of the of Collserola Natural Park.
- Containment of overuse.
- Change some classifications of land use that still threaten the area.
- Stop road projects outlined in the infrastructure plan for Catalonia 2006-2026. No to the Vial de Cornisa and the Horta Tunnel.
- Create the position of associated spaces to the Collserola National Park.
- Remove extractive activities.
- Preserve the streams and their surroundings.
“Don’t try to rasie the city up to the mountain, but bring the mountain down to the city … the land is for those that live on it!”